Hamilton Aquatics is the leading swimming academy in the Middle East, with several swimmers currently representing their country at international level.
We are looking for an Assistant Coach, who will be based in Doha, Qatar, to support our Performance Pathway squads. The coach will be key in assisting our younger and older squads daily, offering more feedback and opportunities to support our swimmer’s development and performance. He/She will also assist the Area Manager with the operations of the squad programme.
- UKCC Level 2 Teacher of Aquatics or UKCC level 2 coaching Aquatics (or equivalent) qualified
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment, able to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with in all manners, including face to face, over the phone & via email correspondence
- An up to date Lifeguard qualification is preferred but not essential
- Must have a valid international driving license
To provide support to ensure quality coaching within the Performance and Competition Pathways.
- Assist the Performance Pathway coaches and school squads in delivery of pool and land-based sessions
- Planning and delivery of sessions for Competition Pathway squads and school swim squads
- Carry out all H&S procedures prior to starting sessions
- Deal with squad enquiries, bookings and payments
- Communicate and process competition entries. Attend competitions
- Talent identification of swimmers into and through Hamilton Aquatics programme
- Attendance at meetings and company events as required
- To attend staff training and CPD sessions and keep knowledge up to date
- Complete all administration tasks required for the smooth running of the squads that are directed from Director of Swimming
- All other duties related to the role
A large part of the positions will be administrative, with good communication skills needed, with a willingness to work hard and learn. The coaches will complete all administrative tasks related to the Performance Pathway, as well as competition entries for the whole club.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any coach to learn and develop from being mentored daily by our experienced coaching team. There will be opportunities to develop through staff training and CPD’s, as well as opportunities to work with our international elite swimmers.
The position is full time with a 2-year contract, which is renewable. The annual total package, including all allowances, will be in the region of GBR 35,000 – 37,000 per annum (exchange rate and location dependent). The job also includes local medical insurance, an air ticket allowance every year and career development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you are ready for this exciting challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting reference AC_May2020 in the title line of the application email. Please include your covering letter, your CV and any relevant qualifications.
Apply now to join our academy!
Contact phone: +97144508832